Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Direction

I will try to log in here once a week. Logging the happenings with my youngest daughter. I have won temporary custody of her for one year.

Let see now, where to start.

The Judge changed the visitation some. At first I hoped that he would make her (the EX) help a bit. She has not help any since the divorce, in any manner. She has tried to keep me out of the girls life. It has been one long fight. When I explained this to my girlfriend, that I wished the Judge would make her help. She stated quite well, “You have been doing it since the divorce, so things are just the same. You do have custody of Tanisha.” Truth in her statement. Take the positive and run with it.

Summer visitation with both girls went quite well. Monica seemed a little tense at first. Tried to make things a bit challenging. I just overlooked it, even though deep down I wanted to address the situation. She settled in and things got much better. Just when we were getting to the point where I could enjoy her, I had to return her to her mother.

Tanisha is home now. Brought her back with my girlfriend and her kids. The good news is her children really like it here. I think they will like to move here next year. That is when we are speaking of getting married. Gladly, and much to my relief, my girlfriend likes it here also. I was a bit fearful that she would not like it.

Kimberly (my girlfriends daughter, and Tanisha’s best friend) and Tanisha were discussing plans for when we all live together. Her and Tanisha will have to share a room. I guess they made plans on how they want it. So the both of them are very happy with the situation. This is quite good and a relief to the both of us adults. The mental health and welfare of our kids is very important to the both of us.

Alex (her nine year old son) made this statement, “I am ready to live here, but can I spend the summers with my Dad?” Of course! We are 14 to 16 hour drive from El Paso, so visitation on that part would be a bit tough. The good news though is their father is likely going to get a job in San Antonio. That is only 5 to 6 hours away. Got to take him fishing. He caught a catfish about half his size! Was the biggest fish I ever helped land also. It was so big it frightened him! Had to stop him from running away!

School for Tanisha starts the 23rd of August. She is happy about that. Considering in El Paso they start on Monday. We plan some clothes shopping the week before school. She is excited about starting. Adina (her best friend here) is very happy they are going to be together again. She spends every minute she can at the house.

The house has been more like a home than ever. All the kids running around. Has been absolutely great. Wanted to spend more time at the lake, but the weather did not cooperate. Been raining way too much. One good thing, got to show the kids an alligator in the river. Kids are so hard to impress! They were not as excited to see it as I was. KIDS!

Had a bonfire for the kids. They made smores. They really enjoyed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment