Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fairness to Fathers?

Another day has passed without my girls. My ability to contact them is being hampered by their mother. I call and call their cell phones, and they do not answer. I text them and text them, they do not respond. I have never had a problem with then taking my calls.

While at work last night, I received a call from their mother. It seems she wants more money. Imagine that. When I said no, she got angry. It seems she is not happy with the amount that the court awarded her. I will not say how much I pay her. I will give a math problem. If she were to work a regular job, her pay would be $ 12.55 per hour (remember, she does not have to pay any taxes on that money). Pretty good pay for only sending the girls to school and waiting for them to come home again. I understand that taking care of children is a full time job. I am willing to do it for nothing!

Well, after that dispute, the children do not answer phones.

So, I sent them a text message.

Hey girls what is going on? I have been calling and texting for hours and no response. If you are not using the phones I will have them turned off.

Yep, I got a call in 5 minutes. I had to explain that I got the phones so that I may communicate with them. If I cannot talk to them, then the phones are not needed. If we are angry, then what? That is why we got the phones to work things out. You are my girls and I want/need to keep in constant communication with you two. At least one call per day. Does not matter if it is a 2 minute call. I just want that 2 minutes.

After that, the talking was carefree and upbeat with the both of them. In all it turned out real nice. It was frustrating for awhile.

So, my question? What is their mother doing/telling them and how to I deal with it? I really do not know. She has them a thousand miles away from me, and can influence them. How long will it take for their eyes to open up? How long will it take to understand what their mother has done? I have spoken to other divorced men. They say it could be years, just stay strong. Okay, what about their youth that I am missing.

It does my heart good that they are adjusting to their school and making friends. On the other side of the coin. My own selfishness, wishes they would hate it. I have to put that aside. Their adjustment is far more important than mine. I never really doubted that though, they are quite lovely ladies. Bragging about my girls is not a bad thing is it? They are really well behave and well-spoken. Above all, intelligent. Better children one could not ask for. In that aspect I am very lucky. Just thinking about them fills my heart with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment